University of East London’s Lawrence Okolie ready for latest bout
- Credit: PA Wire/PA Images
Cruiserweight to face Adam Williams on the undercard of Anthony Joshua’s heavyweight world title bout against Carlos Takam
University of East London’s Lawrence Okolie will fight on the undercard of Anthony Joshua’s heavyweight world title bout against Carlos Takam in Cardiff on Saturday evening.
The cruiserweight, who has won all five of his pro fights to date, will face Adam Williams this weekend.
Okolie was last in action on September 1 when he was made to fight the full four rounds, before eventually overcoming Blaise Mendouo on points.
Elsewhere, there was success for Johnny Fernley, of Lansbury Amateur Boxing Club, last weekend.
You may also want to watch:
The 13-year-old, one half of twin boxing brothers, showed more promise again this time on an East London Boxing Academy show last Saturday.
Fernley was up against Caiden Hughes, of Islington Boxing Club, and earned the unanimous vote of the judges after boxing well throughout.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 4 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
More Lansbury ABC hopes will be in action this weekend when they take part in a West Ham show at the East Ham Working Men’s club.