Veras Academy add more medals
- Credit: Archant
Club celebrate success at Shito-Ryu Championships
Veras Academy had plenty to celebrate at the Shito-Ryu England Karate Championships, after landing six gold, eight silver and six bronze medals in Walthamstow.
A squad of 18 competed under coaches Sergio Gomes, Dawn Kavanagh and Marco Correia and their efforts helped Veras finished second overall in the team standings.
There were individual golds for Neveah Thompson (Hackney), Dylan Gold (Camden), Chloe Casimir (Newham), Luca Veras (Islington) and Andras Tamas (Tower Hamlets), with the boys team also coming out on top.
Islington’s Maggie Gentili-Walsh and Jessica Correia won individual silver medals, along with William Mfana (Newham), Barking’s Donna Blake, who won two silvers, and Matas Staponas, as the club added girls and female team silvers.
You may also want to watch:
Bronze medals went to Giaccomo Piazzalunga (Islington), Victor Stanev (Tower Hamlets), Demie Holland (Romford), Tamas and Sam Mrabet (Ilford), as well as the male team to complete the haul.
For further information on the club’s activies and locations in London, e-mail email@example.com or visit the Veras Academy Facebook page.
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt