Veras Academy among the medals
- Credit: Archant
Members combine for Central England haul
Veras Academy had plenty to cheer at the Central England International Championships as they combiend for seven gold, four silver and four bronze medals.
Alton Brown won gold in the over-18 -75kg kumite event, before going off to captain England at the EKF World Championships in Austria, while Katia Bouderbane won silver in the over-18 female kumite and bronze in the -61kg category.
Luke Kavanagh (14/15) and Isabelle Campbell (seven and under) won kata bronze, as Neveah Thomas (nine and under) won kumite bronze and Jack Gentili-Walsh (nine and under) took kumite silver.
Luca Veras (nine and under) picked up kumite gold, while brother Luan won kumite and kata golds in the 12/13-year-old section.
You may also want to watch:
There was a gold for Luca Veras and Gentili-Walsh in their pairs kata, while the duo combined with Thomas to add team kumite gold and kata silver.
Luan and Luca Veras teamed up with Demie Holland for kumite silver, as Harry Elves took another gold in the open disability kata.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 4 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 5 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 8 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 10 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
Harunur Rashid, Chloe Casimir, Lucca Campbell, Alexander Ogunsalu and Donna Blake just missed out on medals this time.
For more information, call 07886 496135 or visit the Veras Academy Facebook page.