Vinny Mitchell and Johnny Greaves to meet at York Hall
Two East London fighters clash at York Hall next month when unbeaten prospect Vinny Mitchell faces local rival Johnny Greaves
A promising clash between two East London fighters takes place when unbeaten prospect Vinny Mitchell faces local rival Johnny Greaves at York Hall on October 9.
Mitchell, now trained by father-and-son team Jimmy and Mark Tibbs, took his undefeated record to 10 fights this month with a victory over Daniel Thorp.
Veteran Greaves boasts a 40-fight pro campaign that has included contests against some of the brightest prospects in boxing
The Frank Warren show features another promising Tibbs-trained prospect in Olympian Billy Joe Saunders, who is looking for a fourth straight pro victory.
You may also want to watch:
The headline fight sees Nathan Cleverly defend his British light-heavyweight crown against Courtney Fry. Tickets are available from 07946 383318.
Meanwhile, Tony Conquest will bid to make it two wins as a professional when he boxes on the Hayemaker promotion at York Hall on Sunday afternoon against experienced Midlands rival Hastings Rasani.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 5 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 6 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
- 10 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
Conquest, who is trained by Jason Rowland at East London's Ultrachem TKO Gym, became Britain's No3-ranked cruiserweight during his amateur campaign at Dagenham BC.
He won his pro debut three weeks ago at the Bethnal Green venue when he outpointed Bobby Scott.
The feature fight on Sunday pairs former ABA title winner George Groves and Matthew Barr, with the action starting at 3pm.