Volley good start for UEL men
- Credit: Archant
Squad win on BUCS Premier League debut
UEL’s men’s volleyball squad were convincing winners on their BUCS Premier League debut at SportsDock yesterday.
The first set started with a UCL service, but the hosts quickly gained the initiative and started putting pressure on their opponents.
Confident in attack and highly organised in defence, UEL eventually won the first set 25-9 and they continued to dictate the game in the second set.
Despite UCL managing to score several points, the hosts comfortably won 25-11, but a lack of concentration and some unforced errors allowed UCL to compete in the third set, before UEL clinched it 25-21.
You may also want to watch:
“Looking at the way we played the first game I think we can be very optimistic about the rest of the season,” said UEL coach Tomasz Morawski.
“Our team has great potential and showed its class by staying focused and disciplined throughout the game.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
“The opposition might not have been very challenging and all the boys are craving for more competitive games.”