Cricket clubs take part in different form of bowling for first event of summer initiative
- Credit: Archant
Last Friday evening saw the first of a series of public bowling initiatives held at Victoria Park bowling green throughout the summer.
Organised by Victoria Park Community Cricket League (VPCCL) secretary Gary Horsman, these events - a mixture of invitational and open sessions - are aimed at widening participation and usage of the park's bowling green.
VPCCL teams pitted themselves against others, being shown the ropes by members of the VP Bowls Club.
The matches, mostly of five ends, saw committee member Tom Porter leading his Camels and chair Phil Barrass heading up the committee team.
Skipper Saga Bora led his Homerton side alongside ace bowler Mark Towle and his girlfriend Jess, London Fields' side was led by Steve Fernbank and guest cup side NMCC by Richard Webb.
You may also want to watch:
London Fields took 1st place, edging Homerton into 2nd; the Committee in 3rd, NMCC 4th and Camel finishing bottom.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single