Wins for Newham and Havering
- Credit: Archant
Latest news from Indoor League
There were wins for Newham College and Havering Sixth Form College in the latest round of matches in the Essex CCB/UEL Indoor League at Sportsdock this week.
Muhammad Rahin hit 18 off 17 balls as Newham made 76 against Havering, who came up short on 59 in reply after Rahib Hoque (19) and Tyler Bunn (11) made double figures.
Zeeshan Khan (2-19) was the star of the Newham attack in the 17-run win.
Havering bounced back to beat Bsix College in a high-scoring clash.
You may also want to watch:
Mukhtiar Jan clubbed two sixes and a four in his 32 off 18 balls as Bsix reached 90.
S Basher (15) and Hassan Shah (12) also reached double figures, while Bunn took 3-11 for Havering, who reached their target for the loss of just one wicket with eight balls to spare.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 3 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 8 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
Jake Southam hit a six and two fours in his 25 off 24 balls, with Hoque (14) and Harry Murphy (12) also into double figures.
Meanwhile, Leyton Sixth Form College held on for a slender win over UEL B in a friendly.
Zain Haidrey hit three fours in his 28 off 22 balls as Leyton reached 86 all out.
Ahsan Tanveer (20) and Ummar Ibrahim (11) also made double figures, before UEL’s S Silver (22), M Barrell (19), A Wood (12) and Mohit Rohra (10) all made starts as they were dismissed for 84 with two balls remaining.
Ibrahim (2-23) was the pick of the Leyton bowling.