Youth Games: Virginia Primary bag cricket bronze for Tower Hamlets
- Credit: Archant
Pupils from Virginia Primary School made it on to the podium for Tower Hamlets at the London Youth Games kwik cricket finals.
The nine-strong year five/six girls’ team competed against teams from other boroughs across the capital at the Old Actonians club, having come through a local competition.
And the talented squad, aged 10 and 11, produced a series of fine performances on the day to win five of their six matches and come away with a superb bronze medal.
Delighted teacher Emily Harris-Casey said: “This was fantastic for Tower Hamlets, placing in the top three for the best girls’ kwik cricket team in London.
“This is the first time Tower Hamlets have placed so highly in the Games.
You may also want to watch:
“This is incredible news for not only our school and community, but for Tower Hamlets too for getting so far.”
Mini tennis finals are due to take place at Redbridge Sports Centre today (Thursday).
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel