80's heroes taylor made for Lovebox
POP legends Duran Duran and hip hop collective NERD will be joining festival founders Groove Armada as headline acts for this weekend s Lovebox festival in Victoria Park. Music pundits have dubbed 2009 as the year of pop and 80 s Kings of Pop Duran Du
POP legends Duran Duran and hip hop collective NERD will be joining festival founders Groove Armada as headline acts for this weekend's Lovebox festival in Victoria Park.
Music pundits have dubbed 2009 as the 'year of pop' and 80's 'Kings of Pop' Duran Duran are set to headline the first day of the two-day festival.
And adding more weight to the Main Stage on Saturday, hip hop crossover collective NERD featuring Pharell Williams will perform.
Winner of the critic's choice Brit Award Florence and the Machine will be making her Lovebox debut with her blend of quirky and eccentric blend of blues, soul and indie pop.
You may also want to watch:
Legendary punk rockers New York Dolls, Manchester's epic rock-trio Doves, post-punkers Gang of Four, electronica duo Simian Mobile Disco and soul diva VV Brown have also joined the lineup.
Renowned for their acoustic covers of heavy metal classics, the acclaimed Mexican guitar duo Rodrigo Y Gabriela will also bring their unique sound to the bill; with Noah and the Whale and electro-pop sensation Ladyhawke completing the Sunday line up.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe
Over on the Gaymers Stage, complete with bandstand, hammocks, and a tree top cider bar, dance poppers Friendly Fires will headline Saturday, returning to Vicky Park after their first Lovebox appearance in 2006.
Lovebox founders Groove Armada will be back to headline the man stage on Sunday, playing material from their new album.
This year's festival will have an even bigger 40 acre site that will once again be bursting at the seams, with 7 incredible stages as well as new acts, performers, stage sets and special effects from all over the world.
Festival-goers will also find the Fringe Field nestled within in a peaceful clearing of trees; a weird and wonderful alternative to the rest of the festival.
Tickets cost �42.50 per day or �75 for the weekend from www.lovebox.net or 0844 8472436.