All Points East 2019: Christine and the Queens, Metronomy and Maribou State latest acts to be announced
- Credit: Archant
Christine and the Queens has been announced as the latest headliner of All Points East 2019.
The French pop-singer – who achieved international success with her debut album Chaleur Humaine in 2016 – will bring the festival’s first weekend of music to a close when she takes centre stage on Sunday, May 26.
After her breakthrough record sold 1.3 million copies and reached number two on the UK album charts, Christine and the Queens (otherwise known as 30 year-old Héloïse Letissier) returned with her boundary-pushing second album, titled Chris, this September.
Letissier is the third headline act to be announced by the burgeoning music festival, after sets from The Chemical Brothers (May 24) and Bon Iver (June 2) were confirmed last month. The fourth headline act of the 10-day festival is set to be announced at 9am on Wednesday.
Indie favourites Metronomy and electro duo Maribou State will also appear on May 26, with the former set to release new music in 2019.
All Points East 2019 follows the success of the inaugural event earlier this summer. The festival is made up of two weekends of live music with a programme of free, community-focused entertainment taking place in between.
You may also want to watch:
Other acts due to perform on May 26 include Beach House, HONNE, Kurt Vile and the Violators and Toro Y Moi.
An exclusive pre-sale for East London Advertiser readers who live in Tower Hamlets or Hackney will go live on Thursday at 9am. Go to axs.com/advertiser and enter the password APEADVERTISER when prompted.
Regular tickets go on sale the following day.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week