All that glitters is 'Gold' at Hackney exhibition
A HACKNEY artist and TV presenter opens her first exhibition in Victoria Park tonight (Thursday). Gold, a joint exhibition featuring the works of Adela Meer, of London Fields, and established Sardinian artist Alessandro Tamponi, launches with a private v
A HACKNEY artist and TV presenter opens her first exhibition in Victoria Park tonight (Thursday).
Gold, a joint exhibition featuring the works of Adela Meer, of London Fields, and established Sardinian artist Alessandro Tamponi, launches with a private viewing at the Mayan King bar in Lauriston Road.
Adela said: "Alessandro and I work with bright colours and use acrylics but the idea for the exhibition came about more as a result of a meeting of minds."
The 29 year old, who also works as a presenter for Chelsea TV, met the Italian artist after buying one of his paintings while on her honeymoon in Sardinia.
You may also want to watch:
Adela said: "Alessandro has become a mentor for me.
"I emailed some of my paintings to him after I came home and he told me that I must do an exhibition with him."
- 1 Man, 20, found fighting for life at illegal rave in Bow
- 2 Fire breaks out in flat near New Providence Wharf tower block
- 3 Leyton Orient confident next manager will take them to the next level
- 4 Groomed girl speaks out after 'dangerous' Barking dealer who dealt Class A drugs in East End is jailed
- 5 Dog festival gets go-ahead for Isle of Dogs, of all places
- 6 Battle lost to save historic Whitechapel bell foundry
- 7 Trains being tested on Crossrail's Elizabeth line up to four an hour
- 8 Ex-police officer among group jailed for £850k intercept from rival gangs
- 9 Pedestrian struck by motorcycle in critical condition following Stepney collision
- 10 Kenny Jackett emerges as odds-on favourite for Leyton Orient job
The Hackney artist began painting during a lull in her media career three years ago initially as a way of creating something bright and cheerful to decorate her home.
She describes herself as an artistic rebel who likes to flout the rules by mixing materials such as gold leaf, oil, acrylic and glitter.
Gold, which runs until January 2010, features 15 of Adela's abstract works and marks the UK debut of 43-year-old Alessandro, who is based in Nuoro in Sardinia.