Animal Vegetable Mineral cooks up edible art at Shoreditch Book Club
- Credit: Animal Vegetable Mineral
An ‘edible art’ class is on the menu for sculpture lovers in London’s East End where playing with your food is essential.
Art fans get the chance to create models out of chocolate and have a go at life drawing with paint fit for human consumption—if they can hold off from eating everything before they’ve even started.
The sticky-fingered art class where absolutely everything is edible is being cooked up by Animal Vegetable Mineral food events business at the Book Club in Leonard Street in Shoreditch on April 9.
It involves mastering the art of chocolate model-making, sugar graffiti and indulging in an evening of gooey, crunchy, melt-in-the-mouth fun.
The company which promotes art as ‘food for the soul’ provides edible interventions for festivals, parties and pop-up experiences, from lickable life drawing to edible painting-by-numbers that use all the senses.
You may also want to watch:
The four-hour session on April 9 starts 7pm at the Book Club, £12 on the door, last course finishing 11pm (near Old Street Underground station).
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 6 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns