Artist’s explosion of colour comes to Spitalfields
Based around the changing seasons, the artist’s works are now showing at the Truman Brewery in Spitalfields and are an explosion of colour.
Huge, bright canvasses seemingly using every tone on the palette, the works take on a completely different appearance the further away you get.
He said: “I wanted to break-up the general perception of landscape painting as something traditional, mostly done by regional artists. I also wanted to get people excited about the texture and colour of paint.”
While he purposely sought out a quiet spot for his vision, the artist was not intent on Yorkshire.
The deserted dales ended up providing vivid inspiration though.
You may also want to watch:
He added: “I thought the mill would be a good space as it allowed me two metres to come back from each painting. They look completely different up close to when you step back from them.”
The Glasshouse Mill Series is showing at the Truman Brewery in Hanbury Street until May 23.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 5 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital