Bethnal Green Bangla music festival announces line up
- Credit: Archant
A Bangla music festival has released details of its lineup.
Performances of Nobel prize winning poet Rabindranath Tagore’s works feature in the second part of the musical event due to be staged at the Kobi Nazrul centre in Brick Lane, Bethnal Green at 7pm on October 21.
The festival – organised by Indian classical music promoter, Saudha – will also include works by artists D.L. Roy, Atul Prasad, Rajanikanta and Nazrul.
Bangladeshi Tagore scholar, Dr Ashim Dutta, and poncho-kobi singer Anusua Paul will perform with Amith Dey on keyboard and Piyas Barua on tabla drums.
Saudha boss, Ahmed Kaysher, will host and translate pieces into English at the festival, supported by Tower Hamlets Council.
You may also want to watch:
Mr Kaysher said: “We were touched by the praise we received after the first session. Packed audiences from all different cultures loved this music. That inspired us to take the festival to the next phase.”
For more visit saudha.org
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning