Baroness of Bow Oona King set for Dancing on Ice debut
Baroness of Bow Oona King is skating into the New Year next weekend as she prepares for her first appearance on ITV’s Dancing on Ice.
The former MP for Bethnal Green and Bow was confirmed as one of the show’s 12 contestants in December, appearing alongside the likes of former Baywatch star Pamela Anderson and TV personality Keith Chegwin.
After missing out on the nomination to be Labour’s candidate for London Mayor in 2010, Baroness King will be determined to show her career’s not on the slide by skatig to victory.
Speaking to the Daily Mail, she said: “I’ve loved skating since I was a little girl.”
But she’s adament that her role in the House of Lords will not suffer, after Conservative MP Nadine Dorries recently found herself on thin ice for appearing on reality show I’m a Celebrity, Get Me Out of Here!
You may also want to watch:
“I take my job at the House of Lords very seriously, I skate in the mornings at least three times a week and then go to the House in the afternoon”, she said. “My work isn’t suffering.”
The first episode of the new series will air on ITV on Sunday, January 6.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 9 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 10 Leyton Orient seal late victory over Morecambe