Bethnal Green stockbroker launches Southbank arts exhibition
- Credit: Archant
A Bethnal Green city broker has swapped boardroom for the art gallery the as he prepares to showcase an army of undiscovered talent in a new exhibition.
Swiss-born Guy Armitage, 32, of Roman Road, will launch ‘Zealous X’ at the Southbank – a free event that stretches across the arts spectrum.
Mr Armitage gave up a job as a consultant at the London Stock Exchange to follow his dream and inists he has no regrests.
“It’s all coming to plan now and I’m really excited about it,” he said.
“There are100 artists coming to London from all the place, desperate to share their talents. It’s a bit hectic, but the finished product should be great.”
You may also want to watch:
A keen amateur photographer with a background in amateur dramatics, Mr Armitage studied finance before setting up his own IT company in Cairo, Egypt.
But after years spent pursuing various professions it is the thrill of unveiling new talent that is exciting him at the moment.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
“I’m very impressed by everything I’ve seen,” he added.
“A lot of the artists are undiscovered but very proactive about showing their work, and that’s something we wanted to reward.
“The arts is usually dependant on galleries and exhibitions but artists are now starting to exploit the web and promote themselves.”
Running from Friday, November 29, the three-day event event will feature the finest undiscovered filmmakers, photographers, artists, performers, and photographers.
Added to that will live music performances, body painting and industry talks from the British Library, Arts Council England and BAFTA.
For more information call 07967772019 or visit http://blog.zealous.co/company/zealous-x/