Bollywood dance group just miss out on place in final of Sky TV’s Got To Dance
A BOLLYWOOD dance group based in Tower Hamlets have spoken of their disappointment at not making the final of Sky TV’s Got To Dance but were lifted by the judges’ reactions and feedback from fans.
Bolly-Flex, whose 12 dancers mix traditional dances with body-popping, just missed out on a place in this Sunday’s grand final at which they could have won a �250,000 prize following a narrow public vote.
But their disappointment in losing out to Irish group Razzle Dazzle and breakdancers Trinity Warriors was softened by the reaction of the judges; West End actor Adam Garcia, former Pussycat Doll Kimberly Wyatt and street dance act Diversity’s choreographer Ashley Banjo.
Bolly-Flex’s founder Naz Choudhury, 27, of Brick Lane, said: “Ashley runs his own dance group and he said that we inspired him.
“Adam was lost for words because he was so impressed.
You may also want to watch:
“They told us all afterwards that we need to carry on and my phone hasn’t stopped ringing with bookings since.
Winning the grand prize would have gone a long way to fulfilling the group’s dream to put on a “Bollywood-spectacular” show in the borough, but Naz hasn’t shelved plans for performances across Tower Hamlets and a nationwide tour.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
He also said he has received interest from Hackney Empire about putting on a show there.