Childish dreams in Shoreditch
WHEN artist James Ford came across a newspaper article listing 33 things you should do before you re 10 he realised he hadn t done them all. The article prompted him to decide that since he was soon to be married and really should have grown up by now, he
WHEN artist James Ford came across a newspaper article listing 33 things you should do before you're 10 he realised he hadn't done them all.
The article prompted him to decide that since he was soon to be married and really should have grown up by now, he would work his way through the list with his fianc�e Tess.
The project took the form of a weblog, presenting photographs and videos of Ford and Tess completing activities such as collecting frog spawn, baking cakes and hosting a teddy bears' picnic.
Over a four-week period Ford will create a room-sized installation filled with photography, documentary debris and monitors; a haphazard collection of documentation from the deceptively gruelling 17 month online project 33 Things to do Before You're 10.
You may also want to watch:
The exhibition starts at Ferreira Projects in Charlotte Road, Shoreditch today (Friday) and runs until March 28.
- 1 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 2 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 3 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 6 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 7 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single