Children’s screams heard at Mile End tube station from EastEnd Homes’ Aladdin panto
- Credit: Rehan Jamil
Children enjoyed a not-so-traditional Aladdin panto with a modern twist at Mile End’s Southern Grove community centre in east London.
They got festive treats when their energy levels shot up with mammoth cheering.
The young audience shouting “He’s behind you” could be heard from Mile End Underground station, so Eastend Homes tell us.
“Panto is as very loud East End tradition that never seems to go out of fashion,” the housing organisation’s community manager Paul Wilson said. “Volunteers brought lots of sparkle and real festive cheer to this hugely popular panto.”
Youngsters and their mums and dads had a good old singalong, lots of dancing and a big group hug.
You may also want to watch:
Their production was somewhat louder than the original Aladdin with Widow Twanky, even by normal panto style. Oh yes it was!
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 10 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact