Clapton and Beck together at last at the O2
IN what organisers are promising will be one of the must see shows of this decade, guitar legends Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton will perform on stage together at the O2 arena. The duo have shared the stage at festivals and benefits previously, but the pair o
IN what organisers are promising will be one of the must see shows of this decade, guitar legends Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton will perform on stage together at the O2 arena.
The duo have shared the stage at festivals and benefits previously, but the pair of gigs, starting tonight (Saturday), will be the first time the artists have played their first European arena gig together.
Both Beck and Clapton have long and prestigious musical careers with countless honours and awards to their names.
Beck has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice and Clapton is the only artist to be inducted three times, first with the Yardbirds, then with Cream and finally as a solo artist.
You may also want to watch:
Their musical paths are linked together by the Yardbirds, a band that Clapton left in 1965 only to be replaced by Beck.
Since those days, Beck and Clapton have remained friends, but have only performed together a handful of times.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 4 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 5 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 6 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 MP reported ex-husband to police for alleged 'harassment', trial hears
- 8 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 9 Apsana Begum's ex-husband may be behind housing bids, trial hears
- 10 'Set deadline to remove cladding,' Tower Hamlets mayor urges
Now, more than 40 years after the Yardbirds disbanded, the two will join together on the same stage and although there was no set list at the time the Lowdown went to press, the pair plan to each play a set, followed by a joint show.
Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck will play two shows at the O2, on Saturday and on Sunday. Doors open at 6.30pm.
Tickets are steep at �67.25-�137.50 and are available from www.theo2.co.uk or 0844 856 020.