Clapton and Beck together at last at the O2
IN what organisers are promising will be one of the must see shows of this decade, guitar legends Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton will perform on stage together at the O2 arena. The duo have shared the stage at festivals and benefits previously, but the pair o
IN what organisers are promising will be one of the must see shows of this decade, guitar legends Jeff Beck and Eric Clapton will perform on stage together at the O2 arena.
The duo have shared the stage at festivals and benefits previously, but the pair of gigs, starting tonight (Saturday), will be the first time the artists have played their first European arena gig together.
Both Beck and Clapton have long and prestigious musical careers with countless honours and awards to their names.
Beck has been inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame twice and Clapton is the only artist to be inducted three times, first with the Yardbirds, then with Cream and finally as a solo artist.
You may also want to watch:
Their musical paths are linked together by the Yardbirds, a band that Clapton left in 1965 only to be replaced by Beck.
Since those days, Beck and Clapton have remained friends, but have only performed together a handful of times.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
Now, more than 40 years after the Yardbirds disbanded, the two will join together on the same stage and although there was no set list at the time the Lowdown went to press, the pair plan to each play a set, followed by a joint show.
Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck will play two shows at the O2, on Saturday and on Sunday. Doors open at 6.30pm.
Tickets are steep at �67.25-�137.50 and are available from www.theo2.co.uk or 0844 856 020.