Oktober Bier Fest coming to Brick Lane for Hallowe'en
- Credit: Lara Maysa
A continental Oktober bier festival is set to turn Brick Lane into a little Bavaria for three days next month at Hallowe’en.
A bierkeller packed with Munich lager for up to one thousand revellers is setting up in the 7,000sq ft Tap Room beer hall next to The Old Truman Brewery.
“It’s our first Bier Fest so we’ve gone all out to prove a point to the naysayers,” Brick Lane Tap Room manager Chris Stemp said.
“The massive space will get a full makeover, mixing traditional Oktoberfest style with a hop-themed bar.”
Oktoberfest is spilling across the Hallowe’en weekend from October 29 to 31 with live music from Freddie and the Freeloaders, who regularly play at Glastonbury Festival.
You may also want to watch:
Additionally, drag star Tiana Biscuit is glamming up with her Halloqueens.
The entertainment is hosted by Eva Von Schnippisch, promoted by the organisers for “her über wit, razor sharp tongue and belting voice that makes the Weimar vixen the perfect host”.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 7 Road and rail round-up: Steer clear of these disruptions next week
- 8 Three places to go pumpkin picking near east London
- 9 East London's 10 prettiest streets to visit
- 10 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid