Soul star Leee John to take Canary Wharf stage marking 40 years of Imagination
- Credit: Bossamusic
Soul star Leee John is singing in Canary Wharf to mark the 40th anniversary of band Imagination.
The Friday night “up close and intimate" performance is at the Boisdale restaurant and music venue on July 16.
The Hackney-born R&B singer-songwriter, now living with his family at Gladstone Park in Dollis Hill, had record sales of more than 30 million albums with Imagination including hits like Just An illusion, Flashback and In The Heat of the Night.
“It’s fair to say Leee John is one of the hardest-working men in music,” his publicist Archie Carmichael said. “Even today Imagination’s music continues with remixes and adaptations by major contemporary stars.”
The 2017 Retropia album, by Imagination and featuring Leee, had two UK Soul chart-toppers, Do It Right Now and Make Your Mind Up.
You may also want to watch:
These were followed by Police and Thieves, paying homage to the classic anthem originally recorded in 1976 by Junior Murvin.
Friday’s performance at the Boisdale venue in Canary Wharf Shopping Centre in Cabot Square has Covid safety measures in place with face masks required.
- 1 Man killed after fall from Bow tower block
- 2 14 charged with alleged drug dealing and money laundering offences
- 3 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 4 Two hospitalised as 60 firefighters tackle blaze in Stratford
- 5 19 arrested and cash seized in East End dawn drug raids
- 6 Why some families can't leave Bow's 'dangerous structure' tower block
- 7 Panel finds gross misconduct proven against Pc arrested on suspicion of drug dealing
- 8 Tower hamlets killing: £20,000 reward offered as two men sought for queries
- 9 Prison sentence increased for 'violent and dangerous' man
- 10 Families start moving out of unsafe tower block in Bow