Soul star Leee John to take Canary Wharf stage marking 40 years of Imagination
- Credit: Bossamusic
Soul star Leee John is singing in Canary Wharf to mark the 40th anniversary of band Imagination.
The Friday night “up close and intimate" performance is at the Boisdale restaurant and music venue on July 16.
The Hackney-born R&B singer-songwriter, now living with his family at Gladstone Park in Dollis Hill, had record sales of more than 30 million albums with Imagination including hits like Just An illusion, Flashback and In The Heat of the Night.
“It’s fair to say Leee John is one of the hardest-working men in music,” his publicist Archie Carmichael said. “Even today Imagination’s music continues with remixes and adaptations by major contemporary stars.”
The 2017 Retropia album, by Imagination and featuring Leee, had two UK Soul chart-toppers, Do It Right Now and Make Your Mind Up.
You may also want to watch:
These were followed by Police and Thieves, paying homage to the classic anthem originally recorded in 1976 by Junior Murvin.
Friday’s performance at the Boisdale venue in Canary Wharf Shopping Centre in Cabot Square has Covid safety measures in place with face masks required.
- 1 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 2 Leyton Orient boss Jackett full of praise for Sotiriou after Magpies win
- 3 Community patrols to stamp out Poplar's street crime
- 4 Ice cream parlour with 'no added sugar' to open in Canary Wharf
- 5 Fire Brigade deluged with calls for help as floods sweep east London
- 6 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 7 Flooding causes road and rail disruption across east London
- 8 Driver demo blocks Uber's Whitechapel HQ in termination appeals dispute
- 9 Nine Tower Hamlets secondary schools rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Man arrested following triple stabbing in Isle of Dogs