Designer fashion to bet the credit crunch
AN entrepreneur hopes to beat the credit crunch with her Brick Lane-based designer sample sale. The next Designer Sale UK starts at the Truman Brewery today (Thursday) and continues all weekend, ending Sunday. Founder Elaine Foster-Gandey says: My busine
AN entrepreneur hopes to beat the credit crunch with her Brick Lane-based designer sample sale.
The next Designer Sale UK starts at the Truman Brewery today (Thursday) and continues all weekend, ending Sunday.
Founder Elaine Foster-Gandey says: "My business is experiencing a rebirth.
"It's so exciting, there are queues right down the road just like in the late 80's when I started my sample sales in Soho.
You may also want to watch:
"I like to think this recession will herald an era of people spending differently, not so profligately but with more discretion."
Two decades ago Elaine spotted the gap in the market, starting her business by sellig unsold Jasper Conran stock before branching out to designers including Vivienne Westwood, John Richmond and John Galliano.
- 1 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 2 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 3 Whitechapel murder victim named as teenager charged with killing
- 4 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Leyton Orient boss Embleton could rotate team for Bolton trip
- 7 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 8 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 9 'It must be urgently addressed': New research into BAME Covid impact
- 10 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
The first chance to buy will be from noon-10pm today, with more sale days tomorrow (Friday) from 11am-9pm, Saturday from 11am-8pm and Sunday from 11am-5pm at the Boilerhouse at the Truman Brewery in Brick Lane.