Designs for life at Brick Lane Christmas shopping event
CHRISTMAS shoppers who like to think outside the box can head to Brick Lane this weekend to pick up some unique gifts. Bringing together around 60 UK designers, the Christmas Design Fair at the Old Truman Brewery will be a one-stop-shop for anyone looking
CHRISTMAS shoppers who like to think outside the box can head to Brick Lane this weekend to pick up some unique gifts.
Bringing together around 60 UK designers, the Christmas Design Fair at the Old Truman Brewery will be a one-stop-shop for anyone looking for unusual gifts and decorations for the festive period.
After 20 years of helping designers transform their passion into products, organisers Hidden Art are providing two opportunities for people to buy directly from UK talent.
The Christmas Design Fair, at the brewery complex in Brick Lane from today (Friday) to Sunday, will feature an environmentally friendly gift wrapping service, a Christmas caf� and drop in workshops for children.
You may also want to watch:
Ibruegger's moustache mug range will be on sale, as well as Takae Mizutani's snail plates and sandcastle breakfast sets and Reiko Kaneko reindeer baubles.
Artists' studios will also be open over the weekend, including Ella Doran in Bethnal Green's Cheshire Street, and Annabel Farraday in Victoria Park Square, allowing shoppers to buy directly from the artists themselves.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 3 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 6 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 7 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 8 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 9 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 10 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
The Design fair is open from noon-6pm today (Friday) and from 10am-6pm on Saturday and Sunday.
The Open Studios map offers a guide to designers who have opened their studios for the weekend and available at www.hiddenart.com