Docklands pub The Gun lays on free taxis
There’s no such thing as a free lunch, but there is such a thing as a free ride to lunch, thanks to a Docklands pub.
If you’re in Canary Wharf or the Isle of Dogs from Monday to Friday, the award-winning Gun will have a driver collect you and up to seven others to take you to the riverside pub and bring you back, free of charge.
Seasonal dishes on the menu include grilled fillet of Cornish mackerel with beetroot coleslaw and blood orange dressing; seared loin of Yorkshire venison, shin and kidney suet pudding with hunter sauce and an apple and celery remoulade; and fillet of royal bream with squid and parsley risotto and pickled shallot and a caper lemon butter.
For dessert, diners can enjoy a coffee and Baileys panna cotta with roast marshmallow and Amaretti biscuits or passionfruit parfait with pomegranate and citrus salad.
To wash it down there is a selection of fine wines, including Bacchus Reserve from Chapel Down in Kent, as well as leading British cask ales and premium spirits.
You may also want to watch:
The pub’s alfresco bar and restaurant on the river’s edge is due to reopen next month, when diners can enjoy a pint of draught Super Bock or a chilled glass of Portuguese wine while their fresh fish and meats are grilled by in front of then.
All food is cooked to order on a charcoal barbecue. Dishes include Algarve classics such as seafood Cataplana, chorizo flamed in Medronho, fiery piri piri chicken, tiger prawns with garlic, chilli and fresh herbs, sea bream and sea bass or lamb skewers. All fish and seafood is chosen by the chefs every morning at nearby Billingsgate market.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 9 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel
To book your complimentary car to enjoy lunch at The Gun, contact Vanessa or Anna on 020 7515 5222.