East End weekend events in festival of architecture
THE SPOTLIGHT is turned on East London this weekend in the London Festival of Architecture. There s a chance to get a bird s eye view from the Olympic viewing platform at Newham and see a time lapse show of scenes at Canary Wharf which also features in
THE SPOTLIGHT is turned on East London this weekend in the London Festival of Architecture.
There's a chance to get a bird's eye view from the Olympic viewing platform at Newham and see a time lapse show of scenes at Canary Wharf which also features in the display along with Tower Bridge, Victoria Park and Columbia Road Market with hours of footage compressed into just a few minutes.
There's a bike ride taking in the 1948 Velodrome at Herne Hill before heading through Whitechapel and the Olympic High Street 2012 on Sunday.
Canary Wharf is also screening films and Sung-Hee Ahn has created a Korean vegetable garden at Spitalfields Market.
You may also want to watch:
Further details are available at www.lfa2010.org
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 6 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel