East London writers will benefit from creative workshops at the borough’s Idea Stores
East London writers won’t be short of tips in March thanks to a series of creative workshops at Idea Stores across the borough.
The Spread the Word charity, which works across London to encourage writing with support from Arts Council England, has teamed up with the Idea Stores to bring well-known talents to Tower Hamlets to offer advice on theatre writing, comedy writing and short stories among other disciplines.
On Saturday, screen and theatre writer Ade Solanke, whose play Pandora’s Box opens at the Oval House theatre in Kennington in May, will tackle writing for the stage at the Whitechapel Idea Store while on March 26, TV and radio critic Bidisha is hosting a day-long short story workshop with pointers on developing plot and style at the Bethnal Green library.
Comedy writer Jack Milner will talk about skills such as gag writing to selling your scripts in Whitechapel on March 17 and at the Canary Wharf Idea Store on March 24 while author Bernardine Evaristo will encourage people to think about their family stories in Whitechapel on March 19.
The workshops are open to all people aged over 16, regardless of writing experience.
You may also want to watch:
For a full listing of events or to book tickets, visit spreadtheword.org.uk.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 7 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel