Electropop at Bardens Boudoir tonight
STOKE Newington s ultra trendy music venue is promising a disco space funk dance party tonight (Saturday) with a host of top live bands lined up. Bardens Boudoir in Stoke Newington Road is hosting a cheap club night with bands and DJs until late into th
STOKE Newington's ultra trendy music venue is promising a "disco space funk dance party" tonight (Saturday) with a host of top live bands lined up.
Bardens Boudoir in Stoke Newington Road is hosting a cheap club night with bands and DJs until late into the morning.
Among the highlights is Hesta Prynn of New York City all female three-piece Northern State.
Described as the female version of the Beastie Boys, Prynn delivers cheeky rhymes with charm and wit.
You may also want to watch:
Cutting a different kind of cloth on her new solo project, she combines sassy verbal dexterity with classy electro pop.
The chanteuse' list of collaborators reads like a hipster's dream includes Tim Harrington from Les Savy Fav, Gnarls Barkley and Le Tigre.
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Also appearing is Gaggle, a 21-strong choir of fearless, feminist creatives and intellectuals.
The band recorded a Radio 1 Live session this summer and performed at Victoria Park's Field Day festival.
Earlier on the bill, Internet Forever will plough their lo-fi indie pop and Hackney resident Penelope Edmund, promises a set of spiky, electronic punk.
Club Mofo starts at 7.30pm at Barden's Boudoir in Stoke Newington Road. Tickets are �4 before 8.30pm and �5 after with flyer before 11pm.