CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have announced the launch of their latest restaurant in Spitalfields. The restaurant, as yet unnamed, is based in the 19th century Grade II listed St Botolph s Hall in Spital Square and will comprise three dining ar
CELEBRITY chefs Chris and Jeff Galvin have announced the launch of their latest restaurant in Spitalfields.
The restaurant, as yet unnamed, is based in the 19th century Grade II listed St Botolph's Hall in Spital Square and will comprise three dining areas - a fine dining restaurant based in the main hall, a bar area in the old Curate's House and an all day caf� with outdoor seating leading on to Spital Square.
This latest addition to the Galvin's restaurant empire is a family affair. Chris and Jeff Galvin will head the team and will be joined by Chris' wife Sara as host, brother David will be in charge of sourcing ingredients and Chris' eldest son Emile will be operations manager.
Chris said: "Spital Square is ideally situated. It combines the vibrancy of the City with the relaxed, neighbourhood feel of Shoreditch.
You may also want to watch:
"We will deliver democratic dining, from 'grand cuisine' in the restaurant, cocktails and fine wines in the bar, and a classic 'caf� de luxe'. It will be a space that City workers, local artists and residents will all appreciate.
"As soon as we saw St Botolph's Hall, we knew it was the building for us. There are breathtaking original features and a detailed restoration project will create one of the City's most striking dining rooms, retaining the hall's architectural delights alongside stunning contemporary aspects in the caf� and bar."
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 6 Leyton Orient announce partnership with Hartford Athletic
- 7 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 8 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
The Galvins' restaurant at Spital Square is due to open in the autumn.