Food bloggers blag Hawkesmoor’s for food frenzy
BLAGGERS are holding a banquet in London’s East End on Sunday night with food they’ve blagged from anyone they could tap, all in a good cause. They’ve even blagged the prestigious Hawksmoor steakhouse for the evening, right next to Hawksmoor’s world-heritage 18th century Spitalfields Church
BLAGGERS are holding a banquet in London's East End on Sunday night with food they've blagged from anyone they could tap, all in a good cause.
They've even blagged the prestigious Hawksmoor steakhouse for the evening, right next to Hawksmoor's world-heritage listed 18th century Spitalfields Church.
The Blaggers' Banquet is a swanky five-course munch with matching drinks prepared, cooked and served up by London's trendy food and wine bloggers from their own creations.
Scoffers can tuck into the sumptuous grub while the bloggers raise cash for Action Against Hunger, helping to stave off hunger in the developing world.
The menu features bubbly and canap�s on arrival, Wagyu beef and sustainable yellow kingfish. Veggies and diners with dietary restrictions are also being catered for.
You may also want to watch:
For 'afters' there's a blaggers' auction with bits and bobs they've blagged (of course).
A few places are left at �75 each, a table for five for �375, up for grabs on ebay.
Sunday's bun fight starts with entertainment at 5.30pm at Hawksmoor's, 157 Commercial Road, Spitalfields, close to Aldgate East and Liverpool Street Underground stations.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 7 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 8 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Gun seized after woman tells police she was threatened in Whitechapel