Port and pie pop-up coming to Shoreditch
- Credit: Cockburn’s
A three-course port and pie tasting experience is coming to Shoreditch next month.
Backed by reserve port brand Cockburn’s Port, The Cockburn’s Port Pie Shop is due to open from December 16 to 19, with Braised Beef Shin Pie and classic mince pies on the menu.
Customers will be able to sample different styles of port, including a Christmas cocktail and the new Tails of the Unexpected ‘Tawny Eyes’ Port.
Anthony Symington of Cockburn's Port said: “At Cockburn’s, we love nothing more than bringing people together - and what better way to do this than over a port and pie this festive season?
“Christmas is such a special time of year, and we know that after missing out last year, people are more excited than ever to celebrate this December. "
He added: "A glass of port really signifies the beginning of the festive season, and we want to help people come together in their celebrations."
Mulled port will also be available at the Christmas-themed shop on a drop-in basis for chilly Londoners.
- 1 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 2 Met Office: Thunderstorm warning issued for London
- 3 'Ruthless' killer sentenced for Isle of Dogs murder
- 4 Jailed: Eight east London offenders locked up in July
- 5 West Ham United reveal Thames Ironworks-inspired third kit
- 6 Man 'seriously injured' after e-scooter fall
- 7 Thousands attend UK Black Pride event in Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park
- 8 Canary Wharf Underground station stabbing leaves man in hospital
- 9 Man reportedly 'chased by moped rider with large knife' in Poplar
- 10 Plan to install gates at canalside development blocked despite ASB concerns
The pop-up will be based at Iron Bloom, 46 Great Eastern Street, London EC2A 3EP.
Tickets cost £15 plus a booking fee, available at: www.designmynight.com/london/restaurants/shoreditch/iron-bloom/cockburns-port-pie-shop?t=tickets