New pizza restaurant opening with drag and disco party
- Credit: Sleazy
A street party is planned for the opening of a pizza parlour in Brick Lane at the Old Truman Brewery.
Free pizzas will be flying out of the oven while drag performers and disco saxophonists put on live entertainment in the courtyard for the opening of Sleazy Pizza on November 12.
Restaurant owner Luca promises “the naughtiest 12-incher of your life” and thin crust pizzas crafted in the authentic wood-fired method.
The tongue-in-cheek team behind Sleazy have “something for all pizza persuasions” such as Morning Glory, Naughty Napoletana or X-Rated with its sausage, olives and red onion combo.
Luca got the chance to open a pizza shop at Truman's and couldn’t say no because her pappa Piero ran an Italian restaurant and she grew up in Sicilian kitchens.
She’s even hired a chef from Naples and urges people to “come with an open mind” to the sleazy launch, 6pm until late, with its disco and drag performers.
- 1 Work begins on £300m Chrisp Street Market redevelopment
- 2 Council houses named after Matchgirls Strike leader
- 3 Items from Lidl and Sainsbury's recalled over health and safety concerns
- 4 County lines drug dealer jailed
- 5 Man jailed for rape after attacking woman walking back from Canning Town
- 6 Met officer sacked for concealing proceeds of husband's crimes
- 7 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'
- 8 Festive events and family days out in east London this weekend
- 9 Housing association apologises after sewage leaks at Isle of Dogs tower blocks
- 10 Liveable Streets: Councillors remove some Brick Lane closures after 'backlash'