Free waterways skills for under 25s at Bromley by Bow
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday. The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include
YOUNG people can join a free training course where they can pick up skills in health and safety, leadership and publicity in Bromley by Bow on Monday.
The Waterways Champions course for the 16s to 25s is run by green charity Thames 21 and will include a clean up of a reed bed along the River Lea near Three Mills Island.
Organiser Abby Kelly said: "The short course will cover various aspects including site selection, health and safety, publicity and promotion and leadership - all highly valuable transferable skills. People will also get to meet other like-minded young people, and receive a certificate and t-shirt when they've completed the one-day course."
It runs from 11am to 4pm but places are limited and need to be booked on a first come first served basis.
You may also want to watch:
Contact Abby Kelly on 020 7213 0167 or email@example.com to book a place. Further details are on www.waterwaychampions.org.
- 1 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 2 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 6 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 Disgraceful management of the pandemic