Full acoustic Star Wars experience at Greenwich's O2
ONE of the greatest movie sound tracks will be brought to life as the epic show Star Wars in Concert returns to the O2 this weekend. Narrated live by C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels, the production features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and a choir, perfo
ONE of the greatest movie sound tracks will be brought to life as the epic show Star Wars in Concert returns to the O2 this weekend.
Narrated live by C-3PO actor Anthony Daniels, the production features the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra, and a choir, performing John Williams' famous score, accompanied by specially edited footage from all six Star Wars films displayed on a three-story-tall, high-definition LED super-screen.
Star Wars creator George Lucas said: "We've taken the key themes from the music and cut together all the images that fit with each theme, so you can really get a sense of how the music played into the images.
"The whole soundtrack is a testament to John Williams' creativity and his extraordinary ability to enhance the emotional aspects of the films."
You may also want to watch:
The show had its world premiere at the former Millennium Doome last April and is back for three performances.
Composer John Williams said: "Creating the music for the Star Wars films has been an exciting and wonderful experience for me, and I therefore have derived particular pleasure in assembling a compendium of themes from all of the films to be presented in Star Wars in Concert.
- 1 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 3 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 4 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 8 Streets around proposed Chinese embassy building could be renamed after persecuted Muslims
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
"The editors at Lucasfilm have created original film montages to accompany each of the musical selections, and in the process, I believe that a singular and unique Star Wars experience has been born."
An exhibition of Star Wars costumes, props, artefacts, production artwork and specially created behind-the-scenes videos from the Lucasfilm Archives accompanies the concert.
Many of the pieces are leaving Skywalker Ranch for the first time and the exhibition also features fan favourites as well as several new and never-before-seen items.
Matinee performances are on Saturday and Sunday at 1.30pm and there is an evening performance on Saturday at 6.30pm.
Tickets cost �30-�107.12 from www.theo2.co.uk or 0844 856 0202.