Help for Heroes inspired band coming to Wapping
- Credit: Archant
The unmistakable musical sound and versatility of The Heroes Band can be heard once again.
The band stages an annual concert of Remembrance in honour of our country's heroes and this year's will be on November 9 at St Peter's in Wapping Lane.
The programme will include music from the HBO series Band of Brothers, as well as traditional remembrance music such as Elgar's Nimrod. It will be rounded off with a The Last Night of the Proms style finale.
The Heroes Band supports The Help For Heroes veterans charity by fundraising through its concerts. The military-styled band was formed in 2014 by the director of music David Vaninetti-Smart.
The band performs regularly around London and the south of England and has completed three European tours.
You may also want to watch:
Tickets are free with a voluntary collection and the concert is due to start at 7:30pm with everyone welcome regardless of faith.
For more information about the Remembrance Concert or general information about the band please visit theheroesband.org.uk
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 5 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 9 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns
- 10 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park