Hip-hop festival warms up with a Bethnal Green party
- Credit: Archant
The UK’s only dedicated hip-hop festival is back in London for a warm-up party.
The official Boom Bap Festival warm-up will be held at Rich Mix, Bethnal Green, on Friday.
UK hip-hop artist Lewis Parker will be the exclusive headline performance at the Bethnal Green Road venue. It will be the first time he has appeared in London for five years.
Lewis is a legend of the UK leftfield and a recording artist for Melankolic and Low Life records.
He is pushinghip-hop forward to provide inspiration for the next generation of British MCs.
You may also want to watch:
The festival is expecting to draw in thousands of music lovers from far and wide, as the line-up also features the biggest names in the country as well as international artists.
London based promoters Hoochinoo have put together a fantastic, high energy selection of artists, live bands and DJs to kick things off at the warm-up.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Artists include Age of L.U.N.A, who is a hotly tipped new talent; Coops, who will be representing soulful boom bap hip-hop, Sumo Chief, one of Hoochinoo’s favourite new live bands, and Sammy B-Side, a DJ who will be playing a classic UK set.
The Boom Bap Festival will start at 8pm on Friday. Tickets cost, £7 to £10, for more information call 020 7613 7498.