In the spotlight
ROBERT Bull is 34 and the owner of Mr Bull s butchers in Roman Road, Bethnal Green. It s the first place he ever worked and he s been there since 1986. Where are you from? I was born literally just across the street, on the Cranbrook Estate, off Roman Ro
ROBERT Bull is 34 and the owner of Mr Bull's butchers in Roman Road, Bethnal Green. It's the first place he ever worked and he's been there since 1986.
Where are you from?
I was born literally just across the street, on the Cranbrook Estate, off Roman Road. I lived there until I was about 19 and then moved to North Chingford with my wife and daughter, but I come back here for work.
What do you like about the East End?
You may also want to watch:
I like the nightlife in this part of town. I go out with the boys from work around Shoreditch. It's busy and friendly and there are lots of places to eat and drink. I think this area is really up and coming and I've always liked the people.
What don't you like about the East End?
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 8 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Easy, the parking. It's a pain and no good for trade. Customers can't stop because there are cameras everywhere. You get a ticket if you park across the road and you get lifted if you park at the back. There are only about two spaces you can use. That's my biggest pet hate. Everyone around here moans about it, the people at the market too.
What do you do to relax?
I play football with friends and do family stuff with my wife and our daughter, Skye, who is 18 months old. We play with toys or go out and have something to eat.
What do you go if you're out up East?
I usually go out in the evenings around here, because there are so many good pubs and bars. I took the boys at work out in Shoreditch at Christmas and I still have lots of friends who live in this area.