In the spotlight
Juan Miguel, 26, barman the Blind Beggar, Whitechapel Where are you from? I m from Spain. I am quite happy just to be here. I came first for three months then I decided to stay. I have lived here three-and-a-half years, I ve been working and studying.
Juan Miguel, 26, barman the Blind Beggar, Whitechapel
Where are you from?
I'm from Spain. I am quite happy just to be here. I came first for three months then I decided to stay. I have lived here three-and-a-half years, I've been working and studying.
What do you like about the East End?
You may also want to watch:
It's cheap and also there is a great atmosphere. It's better than north and west London - we have Brick Lane. I like the Sunday market and I like to go and listen to music, sometimes at Cafe1001.
What don't you like about the East End?
- 1 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 4 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 5 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 6 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 7 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 500 deaf children wait to see if their education needs will be cut by Tower Hamlets Council
I have no problem with the people, just the rubbish. It's a very dirty place; every one throws their rubbish away on the street, their take away and everything. The rubbish bins are always full around here.
Where do you go if you are out up East?
I like going to Brick Lane and I like going to raves and underground places. In Brick Lane you have places like Caf� 1001 and 54 in Commercial Street. I like Noodle King, a Chinese restaurant on Bethnal Green Road. I like Chinese food, it's cheap and they give big plates.
What do you do to relax?
I go out with a camera and take photographs. I spend a lot of time at home making and playing music and working on Photoshop. It's my hobby, its lot of work but I like it, it helps me chill out.
What are you doing this weekend?
This weekend I have Sunday off so maybe I will go and see my friend play at a club.