In the spotlight
Priyadaka, 47, is the manager of the vegetarian food store Friends Organic on Roman Road. The shop was originally set up by the London Buddhist Centre 30 years ago, and is managed by practising Buddhists . Friends Organic is an alternative supermarket tha
Priyadaka, 47, is the manager of the vegetarian food store Friends Organic on Roman Road. The shop was originally set up by the London Buddhist Centre 30 years ago, and is managed by practising Buddhists . Friends Organic is an alternative supermarket that also orders goods for individual customers and prides itself on selling ethical and fair trade goods.
Where are you from?
Originally I'm from Norwich but now I live in the East End.
What do you like about the East End?
You may also want to watch:
I like the people around here. It's a really funky area there are lots of festivals and things going on at this time of year. The Genesis Cinema in Mile End is good as well.
What don't you like about the East End?
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 3 No injuries but 20 rescued as firefighters tackle Limehouse blaze
- 4 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 5 Police raid cannabis factory near Liverpool Street station: 2 arrests
- 6 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 7 Doctors urge Tower Hamlets mayor to end support for Silvertown Tunnel
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 10 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
I don't like the sirens. I think there are too many going past Roman Road, I know they are doing their job but it can be a bit noisy. It's the usual thing really, it is a little dirty. There isn't much crime though.
What do you do to relax?
I meditate and I like to hang out with my friends. I like to go to the countryside as well. I go back to Norwich sometimes because my brother's still up there.
What are you doing this weekend?
On Saturday, I'm going to see some bands. I'm planning to go to Hard Rock Calling in Hyde Park to see Neil Young. I'm not sure but I think a friend may have a ticket for me. I may be working on Sunday.