Italian classical concert braodcast live at West India Quays cinema
Cinema goers in West India Quay are promised to be ‘transported’ to a classical concert in Italy via a live cinema broadcast experience.
The concert from a venue considered one of the worldwide temples of classical music at Cineworld West India Quays on April 21.
The George Gershwin, named after the American composer and pianist marks the second in a series of four 30th anniversary classical concerts by the Filarmonica della Scala orchestra from the Teatro all Scala in Milan.
The cinema audience are promised a unique chance of being ‘transported” to the concert via high definition images and in audio surround sound.
One of Italy’s most reputed opera directors, Francesco Micheli, will provide exclusive coverage from both behind the scenes and the foyer of La Scala, capturing interviews and commentaries with the artists.
You may also want to watch:
The performance showcases the talents of classical conductor Riccardo Chailly and jazz pianist Stefano Bollani in a well-loved Gershwin programme, including An American in Paris, Catfish Row and Concerto in F, that promises to explore an extraordinary fusion of jazz and classical music.
The season will continue in May, showcasing the works of composers Rachmaninoff, Franceschini, Beethoven and Gabrieli.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
The performance starts at 6.45pm.
Visit www.cineworld.co.uk or call 0871 200 2000 to book tickets.