Life on the Asian singles' scene
A WRY look at the lives of British Asian singletons and their romantic quest to find that special someone is playing at the Theatre Royal Stratford East. Where s My Desi Soulmate?, which runs until Sunday, March 29, explores how dating has changed with
A WRY look at the lives of British Asian singletons and their romantic quest to find that "special someone" is playing at the Theatre Royal Stratford East.
Where's My Desi Soulmate?, which runs until Sunday, March 29, explores how dating has changed with the inception of speed dating and dating websites, instead of meeting a future life partner over a plate of samosas in Auntie Bilma's living room.
The production brings together some of the finest talent in British Asian Theatre, including director Pravesh Kumar and actors Ankur Bahl, Pooja Ghai, Simon Rivers and Sharona Sassoon, who between them play more than a dozen love-struck characters.
Tickets cost �8-�14 from 020 8534 0310 or www.stratfordeast.com
You may also want to watch:
Tonight (Thursday) audience members will have a chance to mingle in an after-show 'traffic light' party, organised by Asian D8 Events, so they can try and find their own Desi Soulmates.
Party-goers should come dressed in red, amber or green depending on their availability.
- 1 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 9 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 10 Ethnic communities not taking up Covid jabs, Tower Hamlets Mayor warns