Limelight on The Troxy for film awards
The Troxy will host the annual Limelight short film awards on Thursday June 14, featuring 54 films in 14 categories.
There will be a �10,000 production prize for the winner of the film of the night award, with a focus on identifying and rewarding emerging talent.
The ceremony is to be held at The Troxy in Commercial Road, with an expected crowd of 500 film-makers, and industry representatives present.
A variety of genres are to be recognised at the awards, including animation, documentary, comedy, and sci-fi.
The evening will feature a red carpet entrance, champagne reception and screenings of some of the nominated films.
You may also want to watch:
Nominees include Hoodforts, a film produced by teenagers at Mile End Community Project aimed at highlighting stereotypes in society, recently featured in The East London Advertiser. The film is nominated in the school screenplay category.
The Limelight awards were founded in 2008 by Munsur Ali, who recently received a civic award from Tower Hamlets council for his contribution to the arts.
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 7 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 8 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 9 Leyton Orient boss Embleton expecting more movement in the transfer window
- 10 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom