London Feis announces Bob Dylan, Van Morrison and The Cranberries will headline
London’s annual Irish festival has locked in a craic-ing line-up this year, with Bob Dylan and Van Morrison fronting the events.
Organisers of the London Feis festival in Finsbury Park have also just announced that the revelry will be extended into a second day, running over Saturday 18 and Sunday 19 June.
Newly reformed Irish rock legends The Cranberries will also be appearing, in what is to be their only UK festival performance this year.
Festival boss Vince Power said: “Because of the popularity of the first day and the number of bands wanting to play, we have had to extend the festival to a second day.
“I am delighted to confirm Van Morrison to headline the second night and this is shaping to be a great celebration.”
You may also want to watch:
The festival took over from the Irish Fleadh festivals which ran from 1990 to 2004 and was a staple on the London live music calendar.
Aiming to fuse together the best Irish music of the last 21 years – with both internationally renowned acts and lesser known artists – the festival has achieves possibly its most definitive line-up to date.
- 1 Police officer sacked after criminal conviction
- 2 Man who stabbed teen at Crossharbour station found guilty of murder
- 3 Man in 30s dies after Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 4 Police patrols to increase after fatal Isle of Dogs stabbing
- 5 Concern growing for man last seen at Bow Road station
- 6 Contractors host Macmillan Coffee Morning before Stepney restorations begin
- 7 Sadiq Khan warns of flood threat in east London from climate emergency
- 8 Sentencing of arms dealers set for one year after Isle of Dogs raid
- 9 Things to do: Explore east London this weekend
- 10 Jailed: Tower Hamlets man who tried to rape another man
Many of the big names to have played have worked with the festival’s boss Mr Power.
Joining the headliners across the four stages over the weekend will be Christy Moore with Declan Sinnott, Imelda May, The Waterboys, The Undertones, The Saw Doctors, Clannad, Horslips, Afro Celt Sound System, Nanci Griffith, Shane MacGowan, Sharon Shannon Big Band, Frankie Gavin & De Dannan, and The Fureys.
More acts are expected to be announced.
Go to londonfeis.com for details.