Mazzucco launches his ‘take’ on EL James’s ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ at Canary Wharf
- Credit: Washington Green Fine Art & Castle Galleries
A new art collection inspired by the Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy by world-renowned fashion photographer-turned-artist Raphael Mazzucco is on public show in east London.
The exhibition and sale at Canary Wharf’s Castle Fine Art gallery follows the launch of his collection at BAFTA’s headquarters with author EL James.
The four ‘limited edition’ works are made up of photography overlaid with elements of collage and iconic phrases from the books, each hand-signed by both the artist and the author.
“My work often includes an element of writing,” Mazzucco revealed. “Often it’s words that come to me while I’m creating, sometimes song lyrics, sometimes poetry.
“So it was natural to take the language of Fifty Shades and work that into these images.”
You may also want to watch:
His arrival onto the art scene after deciding to swap the camera for canvas six years ago has been met with widespread critical acclaim, famed for his mixed media works which have been published in 52 countries.
EL James, who has sold 125 million of her books to date, said: “Mazzucco has brought a passion and lust for life to his interpretation of Fifty Shades.”
- 1 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 3 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 4 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 9 Man sentenced for assault on Homerton Hospital nurse
- 10 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
Each piece produced in an edition of 125 went on sale at £995 on Friday at Castle Fine Art in Canary Wharf’s North Colonnade.