NEW OPENING: Bottle Apostle, Lauriston Road
WINE buffs can sample a selection of 32 wines using state-of-the-art tasting engines at new specialist shop in South Hackney. Bottle Apostle in Lauris
WINE buffs can sample a selection of 32 wines using state-of-the-art tasting engines at new specialist shop in South Hackney.
Bottle Apostle in Lauriston Road stocks an international assortment of wines and updates its portfolio with around 40 new varieties every month.
The shop's self-service tasting engines allow punters to sample 32 different wines, using their own smart card. Customers just top up their free smart card with credit, insert the card into the machine and select the wine they fancy.
General manager Tom said: "Sampling gives you the chance to try something new, old, rare or luxurious.
You may also want to watch:
"At Bottle Apostle you can school yourself about the world of wine or just buy a bottle safe in the knowledge that you'll love it.
"Our goal is to make buying wine interesting, easy and good fun."
- 1 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 2 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 5 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 6 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
- 7 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 8 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 9 That's so raven: Everything you need to know about the guardians of the Tower
- 10 Pressure on government to provide laptops for lockdown learning
The shop will also host tasting events on the premises every few weeks. All classes guarantee a wide range of styles and every session is devised to tackle a different topic than the last, allowing customers to focus on particular areas interest.
Staff are happy for friends to drop into the shop before a night out on the town and the shop can also cater for larger crowds wanting to have a private tasting session or for a party.
Bottle Apostle also stocks hard to find spirits, specialist beers and a range of glassware and accessories.
Opening hours are Tuesday-Friday noon-9pm, Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday 10am-6pm.