NEW OPENING: Bottle Apostle, Lauriston Road
WINE buffs can sample a selection of 32 wines using state-of-the-art tasting engines at new specialist shop in South Hackney. Bottle Apostle in Lauris
WINE buffs can sample a selection of 32 wines using state-of-the-art tasting engines at new specialist shop in South Hackney.
Bottle Apostle in Lauriston Road stocks an international assortment of wines and updates its portfolio with around 40 new varieties every month.
The shop's self-service tasting engines allow punters to sample 32 different wines, using their own smart card. Customers just top up their free smart card with credit, insert the card into the machine and select the wine they fancy.
General manager Tom said: "Sampling gives you the chance to try something new, old, rare or luxurious.
You may also want to watch:
"At Bottle Apostle you can school yourself about the world of wine or just buy a bottle safe in the knowledge that you'll love it.
"Our goal is to make buying wine interesting, easy and good fun."
- 1 Jailed: Cyclist who rode off after fatal collision with 'gentleman', 72
- 2 Leyton Orient still looking to add one or two new signings
- 3 Jury sent home for the day in MP Apsana Begum's trial on housing fraud charges
- 4 Leyton Orient sign Theo Archibald on loan from Lincoln City
- 5 Highest point reached on new homes in disused Bethnal Green car park
- 6 Poplar MP tells court: 'I fled home when brother said I was possessed'
- 7 John McDonnell is character witness for Poplar MP accused of housing fraud
- 8 Thames Path voted UK's No one for walking — even if blocked in places
- 9 Bidding for Harry Kane's signed jersey open in Wapping Youth FC auction
- 10 ‘Humanitarian disaster’ food shortage for East End families in poverty
The shop will also host tasting events on the premises every few weeks. All classes guarantee a wide range of styles and every session is devised to tackle a different topic than the last, allowing customers to focus on particular areas interest.
Staff are happy for friends to drop into the shop before a night out on the town and the shop can also cater for larger crowds wanting to have a private tasting session or for a party.
Bottle Apostle also stocks hard to find spirits, specialist beers and a range of glassware and accessories.
Opening hours are Tuesday-Friday noon-9pm, Saturday 10am-8pm and Sunday 10am-6pm.