NEW OPENING: Boundary Rooftop
SIR Terence Conran s love of cigars, coupled with the smoking ban, has prompted the design mogul and restaurateur to create an outdoor area for customers to have a relaxed smoke in his new Shoreditch hotel complex. Ground floor caf� Albion and posh baseme
SIR Terence Conran's love of cigars, coupled with the smoking ban, has prompted the design mogul and restaurateur to create an outdoor area for customers to have a relaxed smoke in his new Shoreditch hotel complex.
Ground floor caf� Albion and posh basement restaurant Boundary opened at the beginning of the year and hotel rooms at the new scheme on the corner of Boundary Street and Redchurch Street opened a couple of months ago.
Now Sir Terence's elephant-shaped cigar humidor takes centre stage on the Boundary Rooftop, an open-air bar and grill with seating around an open fireplace with views across the East End and the City.
Customers can get to the roof via a direct lift and the bar and grill is every day from noon-late and staff even keep punters up to date with a Twitter feed so they can avoid the disappointment of finding the rooftop closed on arrival.
You may also want to watch:
Garden designer Nicola Lesbriel has planted herbs, shrubs and even an olive tree on the roof and customers can relax in deck chairs and wicker sofas while supping bottled beers from Greenwich's Meantime brewery, jugs of sangria, cocktails and wine.
Diners can tuck into scallops with pancetta, lobster, sea trout and rib-eye steak or nibbles including bread and olive oils, serrano ham, asparagus, globe artichokes and dips.
- 1 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 2 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 3 Two in five people in Tower Hamlets may have had Covid-19
- 4 Drug and alcohol abuse by Tower Hamlets parents and children soars
- 5 Leyton Orient sign Dan Kemp on a permanent deal from West Ham United
- 6 Post deliveries in east London hit by Covid crisis among Royal Mail staff
- 7 'I can save the planet with my seaweed' scientist in east London claims
- 8 'Laptop bonanza' for schoolchildren in Poplar to help survive lockdown gloom
- 9 Students in rent strike over Queen Mary's campus staying open during Covid emergency
- 10 Disgraceful management of the pandemic
Boundary Rooftop is at 2-4 Boundary Street and is open from noon daily. For bookings and enquiries, call 020 7729 1051 or follow the Twitter feed on www.twitter.com/boundaryrooftop for updates.