NEW OPENING: Jamie's Italian, Canary Wharf
ITALIAN passion is simmering at Canary Wharf after celebrity chef Jamie Oliver opened the first London branch of his new Mediterranean chain of restaurants. The TV chef and healthy eating pioneer opened the doors to London s first Jamie s Italian in the n
ITALIAN passion is simmering at Canary Wharf after celebrity chef Jamie Oliver opened the first London branch of his new Mediterranean chain of restaurants.
The TV chef and healthy eating pioneer opened the doors to London's first Jamie's Italian in the new Churchill Place Mall earlier this month.
Jamie's Italian, which has already opened branches in Oxford, Bath, Brighton and Kingston to rave reviews and huge local followings, is offering what the chef says is authentic, delicious Italian food at an affordable price.
Jamie said: "Since I was a teenager I've been totally besotted by the love, passion and verve for food, family and life that just about all Italian people have, never mind where they're from or how rich or poor they might be.
You may also want to watch:
"And that is what I'm passionate about - good food for everyone, no matter what."
The restaurants are the brainchild of Jamie Oliver and his "Italian father" Gennaro Contaldo and include Italian favourites like spaghetti Bolognese, Jamie's turbo penne Arrabiatta (with an extra kick), cured meat antipasti, crispy polenta chips, chicken Caesar salad, chargrilled chop steak organic buffalo burger and half a chicken.
- 1 The Queen lends her name to Royal London’s emergency Covid wards
- 2 Tribute to 7th Barts Health Trust worker to die of Covid-19
- 3 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 4 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 5 Death of woman, 75, in Mile End fire could have been avoided
- 6 'We need laptops for lockdown children to learn from home’ Tower Hamlets mayor urges
- 7 Driver arrested after police 'drugs patrol' stops car in Whitechapel
- 8 Have you seen this 52-year-old man missing from Ilford?
- 9 How seaweed can help save the planet, east London inventor reveals
- 10 Surplus DLR land released at Bow for new housing to tackle homes shortage
Desserts include panacotta, tiramisu and Italian ice cream and there will be a selection of Italian coffees to help diners digest.