NEW OPENING: Pilpel Falafel and Hummous Bar
MIDDLE Eastern cuisine is now on the menu for shoppers and workers at Spitalfields market. Pillpel Falafel and Hummous Bar on Brushfield Street held its grand opening on Tuesday and is now open, serving traditional Middle Eastern street food in the East E
MIDDLE Eastern cuisine is now on the menu for shoppers and workers at Spitalfields market.
Pillpel Falafel and Hummous Bar on Brushfield Street held its grand opening on Tuesday and is now open, serving traditional Middle Eastern street food in the East End.
Pilpel say their creations are the perfect falafels, balls of pureed chick peas which are crispy on the outside and crumbly on the inside served inside warm, soft, slightly sweet pitta bread pockets stuffed with salad including tabouleh, beetroot-dyed parsnips, jalapeno peppers and salty pickled cucumbers.
Sauces include nutty tahini, chilli sauce and a bright orange spicy, pickled mango sauce called amba.
You may also want to watch:
The caf� also serves containers of humous with a selection of vegetarian toppings including crispy aubergine slices, feta cheese, hard-boiled free-range egg or guacamole.
A falafel wrapped in a pitta bread costs �3.99 while a larger falafel salad in a container costs �4.49. A container of hummous with two pitta breads costs �3.99 and a sabich, houmous, hard-boiled egg and aubergine in a pitta bread also costs �3.99.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 4 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 5 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 6 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 7 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 8 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 9 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week