New restaurants: 3 South Place and Angler
A new sky-high restaurant and a ground-floor alternative will grace the City’s dining scene as of this month, with the opening of a new hotel.
Restaurateurs D&D London have officially launched South Place Hotel, nestled between Moorgate and Liverpool Street.
British diner, 3 South Place, will operate out of the ground floor, extending its opening hours to include brunches, afternoon tea and late night dining, while the top floor will accommodate seafood restaurant Angler.
Outdoors, the Angler terrace opts for a more casual menu, outdoor grill and cocktails while the main floor will serve native fish and shellfish.
3 South Place is to concentrate on British comfort food, promising the use of local suppliers and producers.
You may also want to watch:
The interior fuses modern and vintage furniture, as well as pop art prints and illustrations.
The venue’s bar, next door, will put on live DJ sets until its 2am close.
- 1 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 2 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 3 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave
- 4 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 5 Airbnb house party violence leaves police officer with broken finger
- 6 'Racist consultation' protest rejected on Tower Hamlets street closures as Labour sticks to its manifesto
- 7 Police hunt after stabbing in Cable Street: One man hurt
- 8 Teenager found dead in Victoria Park
- 9 Council fined for Alexia Walenkaki's playground death in Mile End and says sorry to family
- 10 Covid vaccination hub opening in Westfield next week
Both restaurants will be overseen by executive chef Tony Fleming, who was previously at One Aldwych.
Aiming to grow roots with the East End art scene on its doorstep, the hotel is launching an annual creative prize.
Special maps and tours of the East End’s architectural and cultural scene will be available to pick up and the winner of the art prize will have their work displayed in a ground-floor window.
Bruce Robertson, the hotel’s general manager, said: “South Place Hotel is a hotel created by restaurateurs. It is as much about meet and eat as sleep.”
South Place Hotel is at 3 South Place. See southplacehotel.com for details.