New series of ITV’s Whitechapel drama to premiere at Mile End cinema
Visitors to the Genesis cinema in Mile End will get the first chance to see the latest series of popular TV drama Whitechapel at a premiere party next week.
Cast members including Phil Davis, Rupert Penry-Jones and League of Gentleman actor Steve Pemberton will attend a screening of the first episode of the second series of the ITV1 detective drama on October 7, which sees the East End plagued by two descendants of the Kray twins.
Eager fans can enjoy ‘an interactive experience’ including an investigative crime scene at the cinema in Mile End Road.
After a first series in which the three principal characters were on the hunt for a Jack The Ripper copy-cat murderer, the new three-part series, which first airs on October 11, follows their investigation into a spate of gangland murders, with twins Jimmy and Johnny Kray the main suspects.
The new one-hour episodes were filmed at various East End locations including the Repton Boxing Club in Cheshire Street, Bethnal Green; Pellici’s Caf� in Bethnal Green Road and the Blind Beggar pub on Whitechapel Road.
You may also want to watch:
The event runs from 6 to 8pm.
East London Advertiser readers can grab tickets to the premiere by emailing ITVWhitechapel.email@example.com.
- 1 Cops break Covid-19 rules to have haircuts at Bethnal Green police station
- 2 Murder arrest after woman stabbed to death in Whitechapel this morning
- 3 'Grenfell Tower'-type cladding still not removed from New Providence Wharf after 3 years
- 4 Lovely Day for Aldgate School picked to sing on Billy Ocean's new single
- 5 Covid hero who did charity walk in Bow aged 100 now has vaccine
- 6 Police e-fit expert retiring after 15 years at Bethnal Green
- 7 Fury as family homes vanish when Isle of Dogs landlord converts to bedsits
- 8 Man sentenced after teenage boy groomed on Snapchat to sell heroin
- 9 Two men arrested after police officers assaulted in Limehouse rave